NUTS statistical regions of Latvia
The three NUTS (Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics) levels for Latvia (LV) are:
|NUTS 1||— (the whole country)||1|
|NUTS 2||— (the whole country)||1|
|NUTS 3||Statistical regions (Statistiskie reģioni)||6|
- LV0 Latvia
Local administrative units
NUTS 3 level is subdivided into LAU 1 units. LAU 1 units are subdivided into LAU 2 units.
LAU (Local Administrative Units) in Latvia according to NUTS regulation (up to 31.12.2011):
|LAU 1||Administrative districts, cities under state jurisdiction (Administratīvie rajoni, republikas pilsētas)||33|
|LAU 2||Towns, cities under state jurisdiction, municipalities, parishes (Pilsētas, republikas pilsētas, novadi, pagasti)||522|
History of changes of LAU 2 codes till 1 July 2009 can be viewed here.
LAU in Latvia according to NUTS regulation (starting 01.01.2012):
|LAU 2||Cities under state jurisdiction, municipalities (Republikas pilsētas, novadi)||119|
* Due to Administrative Territorial Reform (1 July 2009) administrative districts no longer exist as administrative units in Latvia. Municipalities and parishes amalgamated and formed new LAU 2 units – municipalities. LAU 2 codes from 1 July 2009 updated version.
Changes of LAU 2 codes on 1 July 2009 can be viewed here
- Hierarchical list of the Nomenclature of territorial units for statistics - NUTS and the Statistical regions of Europe
- Correspondence between the NUTS levels and the local administrative units of each EU country
- List of current NUTS codes
- Municipalities of Latvia, Statoids.com