Na D'Souza has written more than 40 novels, many short stories, plays and literature for children and total number of his published books cross 94. He has received Central Sahitya Academy's Bala Sahitya Puraskar for his children novel Mulugadeya Oorige Bandavaru. He has been writing in Kannada for more than three decades and his two novels Dweepa and Kadina Benki were made into motion pictures and won National awards. He also participated in agitations of public interest. Some of his works like Dweepa have been translated into English.
- Karnataka Sahitya Academy award - 1993
- Karnataka Rajyotsava Award - 1998
- Alwas Nudisiri Award - 2006
- Honorary Doctorate (DLit) by Kuvempu University
- "Na D'Souza to chair Kannada literary fest". 4 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Na. D’Souza to chair 80th Kannada literary meet". The Hindu. 5 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- Mulugade, page 186
- "Dweepa - Island". Oxford University Press. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Mulugade.P 187
- Mulugade.P 188
- Mulugade.P 189