21 November 1982 |
Buari is the daughter of Sidiku Buari, a Ghanaian musician. She studied performing arts at the University of Ghana and graduated with a BFA degree. She was born in 1982, in Takoradi, Ghana to a musician and a producer called Alhaji Sidiku Buari and mother who is a beautician called Hajia Buari. Throughout her school life she was actively involved in school drama and dance clubs.
Buari premiered on Ghanaian national television with the TV series Games People Play in late 2005. Her first major film was Mummy's Daughter, after which she starred in Beyonce: The President's Daughter. Her role as "Beyonce" was her major breakthrough. Her movie career began with her playing a role in the TV series Games People Play in 2005, which she got nominated for best actress. She has starred in more than 20 movies. In 2013, she came out with her own movie called The Diary of Imogen Brown.
Nollywood breakthrough and success
Buari moved from Ghanaian films to Nollywood films around the year 2008. Her breakthrough role in Nollywood was in the film Beyonce & Rihanna as Beyonce alongside Nollywood actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde who played Rihanna. The film became very popular to both Ghanaian and Nigerian audience. Her other notable Nollywood films include Rough Rider, Beauty and the Beast, Holding Hope and Single and Married.
Buari is an ambassador at Tablet India Limited (TIL), a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer with high quality products in 2013.
Buari believes her secret to her success is self-motivation. She is often compared to some Hollywood superstars and is hoping that someday she could be like them. Buari's father was a huge figure in the arts industry in Ghana with several positions like the president of the Ghana musicians Union as well as the Vice president of International Federation of Musician. Her father’s footsteps influence her to a present career of an actress. In order for her to reach her goals, she made it art a treasure for valuing morals and bring meaning into nature.
As a reputed actress, she continues to stand tall among peers in her career leading to some amazing recognitions across the globe. The 2014 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards gave her a 'SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARD' in an event held in Accra, Ghana.
- Beyoncé — The President Daughter
- The Return of Beyoncé
- Mummy’s Daughter
- Darkness of Sorrow
- Slave to Lust
- In The Eyes of My Husband
- American Boy
- Wicked Intentions
- Tomorrow Must Wait
- Hidden Treasure
- Beyonce & Rihanna
- Beauty and the Beast
- My Last Ambition
- Love, Lies and Murder
- Secret Lie
- The Angle Against The Monster
- Last Hour Romance
- Under My Pillow
- Holding Hope (2010)
- Desperate Bride
- Innocent Sin
- Guilty Threat
- The Golden Lady
- Satanic Kingdom
- Rough Rider
- Crazy Scandal
- The Monster In Me
- Bad Egg
- Garden of Eden
- No More Love
- Single and Married (2012)
- My Dove
- Forbidden Fruit (2009)
- "Interview with Nadia Buari at NigeriaFilms.com". Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- "AMAA 2007: List of Winners & Nominees". Retrieved 17 January 2010.[dead link]
- "AMAA 2009: List of Nominees and Winners". Retrieved 17 January 2010.[dead link]
- "Nadia Buari — Interview". Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- "Nadia Buari". Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Ghanaian movie stars up for AMAA". Retrieved 2009-10-15.[dead link]
- "10 things you NEVER knew about Ghanaian actress, Nadia Buari on her birthday". naija.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "List of Movies from Nadia Buari". Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- "Nadia Buari looking fab at her movie ‘Diary of Imogen Brown’ premiere". 31 December 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Beyoncé is my name". Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Behind a Smile". Youtube. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Jim Iyke And Nadia Buari In Hot Romance". Youtube. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Sarkodie, Nadia Buari, John Dumelo win at 2013 Nigerian Entertainment Awards". Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Tablet India Limited Unveils Nadia Buari As Brand Ambassador". omgghana.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Nadia Buari: Biography in her own words". Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Jim Iyke takes Nadia Buari on a trip to Europe to mark her birthday
- "Jim Iyke proposes to Nadia Buari with diamond ring; she says yes!". myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Nadia Buari".
- "Winners: 2014". africanachieversawards.net. Retrieved 22 February 2015.