This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Word/name||Multiple (Arabic, African, etc)|
|Meaning||"first drink of water" (Arabic) , "Successful" (African languages) , "Sweet/Fruity" (Latinx usage)|
|Related names||Nala, Nalo, Nahlo|
Nahla is female given name of multiple cultural origins.
Nahla is of Arabic origin meaning first drink of water. Also water in the desert. In African languages meaning successful. In Sanskrit meaning stem, hollow reed. In certain Latin cultures the name relates to fruit or sweetness.
Another variant is Nala.
Nala is sometimes listed as being a feminine name of African origin and meaning "beloved". This might come from the name Nalo, which is a name of West African origin meaning "beloved daughter". A descendant of the Arabic, "Naħla" means Bee in the Maltese language.
List of people with the given name Nahla
- Nala, a main female character in the Disney film The Lion King and its sequel The Lion King 2
- Nala, a male character in Hindu mythology
- Nahla Ramadan, an Egyptian weightlifter
- Nahla Chahal, an iraqi-lebanese journalist and activist
- Nahla Hussain al-Shaly, an iraqi women's rights promoter
- Nahla Al Rostamani, first middle eastern woman in Formula 1 
- "Emirati woman's drive to succeed". The National. Retrieved 2018-02-27.