August 31, 1971 |
|Occupation||author, journalist, professor, engineer|
Nanda Layos Lwin (born August 31, 1971 in London, Ontario) is a Canadian author, music historian, journalist, civil engineer, and educator. He wrote the weekly ChartTalk column, a commentary of the current Canadian music charts; it appeared on canoe.ca from 1997 to 2002 and in The Hamilton Spectator from 2003 to 2006. He is the author and publisher of eight books including Top 40 Hits: The Essential Chart Guide (1999) and Top Albums: The Essential Chart Guide (2003).
Lwin holds a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from the University of Toronto and a master's degree in engineering and public policy from McMaster University, and is a licensed professional engineer in Ontario. He is currently teaching civil engineering technology at Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology.
Books written by Lwin
Lwin has authored the following books:
- The Record 1994 Chart Almanac (1995) (ISBN 1-896594-00-X)
- The Canadian Singles Chart Book (1996) (ISBN 1-896594-09-3)
- Canada's Top Hits of the Year (1997) (ISBN 1-896594-10-7)
- The 1996 Country Chart Yearbook (1997) (ISBN 1-896594-11-5)
- Canada's Top 1000 Singles (1998) (ISBN 1-896594-12-3)
- Top 40 Hits: The Essential Chart Guide (1999) (ISBN 1-896594-13-1)
- Top Albums: The Essential Chart Guide (2003) (ISBN 1-896594-14-X)
- The Essential 2002 Chart Yearbook (2003) (ISBN 1-896594-15-8)