Narendra Kumar (1979–2012) was an Indian Police Service officer.
Narendra Kumar joined IPS in 2009, he was posted in Bihar and Ujjain before joining office in Morena, Madhya Pradesh in early 2012. He was posted in Morena in Madhya Pradesh and was killed allegedly by members of the mining mafia in March 2012.
Murder of a senior Indian police official by the mining mafia created a debate on Corruption in India. Several activists including Anna Hazare were protesting against the incident. CBI probe was ordered by the Indian central government in the issue.
He was run over by tractor carrying illegally mined stones after he tried to stop it.
It was said that local Gurjar community warned the state administration that if something happen against to the culprit Mafia responsible for Kumar's murder then there will be no vote from the Gurjar community in upcoming elections.
- A Glimpse into the Life of Martyr IPS Officer Narendra Kumar News, Wiki, Updates, Photos, Images, Blogs
- The Hindu : States / Other States : Now, sand mining mafia attacks government officials in M.P
- Team Anna to protest killing of IPS officer Narendra Kumar - Times Of India
- Centre orders CBI probe into IPS officer’s murder - Hindustan Times
- BBC News - Indian 'mining mafia' accused of killing policeman
- Slain IPS officer's wife demands CBI inquiry into death | NDTV.com
|This Indian law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|