This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nashebaaz - The Dying People of Delhi|
|Directed by||Dheeraj Sharma|
|Edited by||Neeraj Agnihotri|
|10 August 2016 (Serbia)|
Nashebaaz (English: Drug Addict) The Dying People of Delhi is 2016 Documentary film that was directed by Dheeraj Sharma. It surveys the lives of homeless drug and substance abusers in Delhi. The roadside drug abusers that are called as Smakia and are often considered untouchable and nuisance to the society. This film took five years to be completed and had its premiere in Serbia in 2016. In 2017, a clip from the film became viral that later become a meme.
Nashebaaz explores the problem of drug addiction in homeless people in Delhi that has been overlooked for several years. People visit Delhi in search of work and a better life, but when they are unable to find work they end up living on the streets. They are eventually introduced to some highly addictive drugs like heroin, pharmaceutical drugs and inhalant drugs. And as a form of escapism they are entrapped into the quagmire of drug addiction. Some drugs are so cheap that can even be bought got five rupees. It was filmed over a period of 5 years, from 2011 to its release in 2016. Part of the reason it took that length of time was the unapproachable nature for homeless people.
In 2017, a clip of the documentary went viral on the internet, The kid featured in the documentary named Kamlesh that talked about his Solution Addiction became an internet meme and had more than 20 Million views. Dheeraj Sharma slammed the memes and called it very insensitive. I
- Sharma, Dheeraj (2016-08-10), Nashebaaz, retrieved 2018-01-30
- Vukašinović, Branko. "Movie Activism: "The Dying People of Delhi" i "Barehanded" u Kutiji šibica". InfoKG - Mesto gde se informišem (in Serbian). Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "You Have Met 'Nashebaaz Kid Kamlesh' Who Loves 'Solution'; Now Meet The Man Behind This Viral Video". dailybhaskar. 2017-10-13. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Nashebaaz Kamlesh: Another tragedy turns into a joke". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Nashebaaz - The Dying People of Delhi". www.nashebaaz.org. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Viral video of a 13-year-old ragpicker 'addicted to solution' shows a horrifying reality". The Indian Express. 2017-10-09. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Nair, Nithya (2017-11-09). "Stop Sharing Kamlesh Memes! Nashebaaz's Director Dheeraj Sharma Terms Trolls 'Insensitive'". India.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "'Nashebaaz' director slams memes made on Kamlesh". Inshorts - Stay Informed. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "आपने भी शेयर किया है 'कमलेश' वाला विडियो, जान लें उसकी पूरी हकीकत - Navbharat Times". Navbharat Times. 2017-11-04. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "'कमलेश' के जिस वीडियो पर आप हंस रहे हैं, उसकी असली कहानी जान लीजिए". The Quint (in Hindi). Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "दिल्ली LG और केजरीवाल से अपील, 'कमलेश' को ढूंढे और मदद करें". aajtak.intoday.in (in Hindi). Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal, LG Anil Baijal asked to help Kamlesh, teenage drug addict seen in memes". Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Sharma, Dheeraj (2016-08-10), Nashebaaz, retrieved 2018-05-29