A commuter train at Nashville Riverfront in 2013.
|Location||108 South 1st Avenue|
|Line(s)||Nashville and Eastern Railroad|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||MTA Bus: Routes 25, 93 and Music City Circuit|
|Bicycle facilities||Metro Nashville Green Bikes|
|Opened||September 18, 2006|
Riverfront Station is a train station in Nashville, Tennessee, serving the Music City Star regional rail system. Located at 108 South 1st Avenue in Downtown Nashville near the Shelby Street Bridge, it currently serves as the western terminus for the line. No parking facilities are available at the station, however, connecting bus service is provided via MTA buses. It is within walking distance to Nissan Stadium via the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge.
The site of the current station was originally home to a train depot built around 1902. The depot included a passenger station for the Tennessee Central Railway as well as several tracks used for freight service. Passenger service at the original station ended in 1955.
Site excavation for the new station began in 2004, but was delayed for several months due to the discovery of historic artifacts at the site, including the remains of a foundry. Construction of the new station began in August 2005. The design of the new station, which features post and beam architecture, was intended to evoke the feel of an Old World train station. Service at the station began on September 18, 2006.
- "Riverfront Station". Music City Star website. Archived from the original on 2008-09-15. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Riverfront Station History" (PDF). Music City Star Notes. 5. Winter 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-08.
- "Music City Star Clears Historic Hurdles" (PDF). Music City Star Notes. 2. Fall–Winter 2004. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-08.
- North, Amber (July 29, 2005). "Riverfront parking lot to close Monday for work to build commuter rail station". The Tennessean.
- "Getting Ready to Ride" (PDF). Music City Star Notes. 4. Summer 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-08.
- Alligood, Leon (September 19, 2006). "First-Day Riders Enjoy Music City Star Trek". The Tennessean.
- Media related to Riverfront train station (Nashville) at Wikimedia Commons
- Music City Star website
- Station from Google Maps Street View a