National Limousine Association
The National Limousine Association (NLA) is a voluntary, non-profit, tax-exempt organization founded in 1985, dedicated to representing and furthering the worldwide, national, state and local interests of the luxury chauffeured ground transportation industry. NLA's members include limousine owners and operators, suppliers, manufacturers, and regional and state limousine associations.
Sarah Gazi is the association's executive director since April 2015.
Ride Responsibly is an initiative started in February 2015 by the NLA to inform the public in an effort to ensure safer ground transportation. The campaign aims to bridge an industry-wide gap between the rights of passengers and the responsibility of service providers. The campaign establishes best safety practices for prearranged car services and transportation network companies (TNCs), which include ride-hailing app car services.
- 1985: The National Limousine Association is incorporated on March 15.
- 1987: NLA hires Wayne Smith & Company as its first management company.
- 1989: NLA and LCT Magazine agree to co-manage an industry trade show.
- 1991: NLA and LCT sign first formal written agreement to co-manage trade show and share profits.
- 1997: The "NLA Charity Fund" changes to the "Harold Berkman Memorial Fund" after a vote from the NLA Board.
- 1998: Wayne Smith and Company is sold to Host Communications who assumes management role of the NLA.
- 2001: Bobit Business Media is hired as the management company of the NLA. At this time, the NLA has 500 members and $70,000 in assets.
- 2011: The NLA reaches over 2,000 members and $1,000,000 in assets.
- 2014: The NLA Board unanimously approves the hiring of EVINS Communications, the NLA's public relations firm.
|Laura Canady||First Vice President|
|Joe Ironi||Second Vice President|
|Michael Campbell||Technology & Social Media Committee Co-Chair|
|Jeff Greene||Association Liaison Committee Co-Chair|
|Diane Forgy||Show Committee Co-Chair|
|Kevin Illingworth||Bylaw Committee Co-Chair|
|Michael Oldenburg||International Committee Co-Chair|
|Steve Qua||Nominating Committee Co-Chair|
|Christopher Quinn||Bylaws Committee Co-Chair
Political Action Committee Co-Chair
|Eric Reindl||Nominating Committee Co-Chair|
|Douglas Schwarz||Show Committee Co-Chair
Technology & Social Media Co-Chair
|Ron Stein||Charity Fundraising Committee Co-Chair
Membership Committee Co-Chair
|Andy Thompson||Association Liaison Committee Co-Chair|
|Ray Bush||Vendor Director|
|Craig Hall||Vendor Director|
|Association Liaison||Provide support to local groups to strengthen their own memberships; serve as conduit between associations||Jeff Greene||Andy Thompson|
|Bylaw||Ensure NLA rules are followed; recommend changes as needed; oversee bylaw amendment process||Kevin Illingworth||Richard Kane|
|Charity Fundraising||Raise funds for NLA philanthropic arm Harold Berkman Memorial Fund||Robert Alexander||Ron Stein|
|Finance||Ensure sound financial standing and long-term stability of NLA||Robert Alexander|
|International||Identify and address issues and concerns of non-U.S. members||Joe Ironi||Michael Oldenburg|
|Legislative||Foster proactive government relations program; protect members from harmful regulation and legislation; guide lobbyist(s) engaged to represent NLA interests||Richard Kane||Scott Solombrino|
|Management Oversight||Monitor performance of NLA’s management company; negotiate new agreements with management company and other service providers||Joe Ironi||Dawson Rutter|
|Membership||Increase NLA membership overall; maximize value of NLA membership||Laura Canady||Ron Stein|
|Nominating||Recruit qualified candidates to serve on NLA Board of Directors; oversee NLA annual election of board members||Stephen Qua||Erich Reindl|
|Political Action||Raise funds from membership to support NLA legislative and regulatory goals in the U.S.||Christopher Quinn||Dawson Rutter|
|Public Relations||Robert Alexander||Scott Solombrino|
|Scholarship||Implement program for new operators to attend International LCT Show||Kevin Illingworth||Andy Thompson|
|Show||Guarantee International LCT Show and other NLA-sponsored programs are highly valuable for attendees||Diane Forgy||Douglas Schwartz|
|Sponsorship||Cultivate and secure sponsor relationships; ensure highest value return to sponsors and NLA||Laura Canady||Erich Reindl|
|Technology & Social Media||Stimulate full use of available technology and social media to recruit, retain and inform NLA members||Michael Campbell||Stephen Qua|
- "NLA - National Limousine Association". www.limo.org. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "National Limousine Association". UNICEF USA. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- Association, National Limousine. "National Limousine Association Launches Ride Responsibly Campaign To Establish Industry Wide Best Practices For Car Service Passengers & Drivers". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- "About The National Limousine Association". Cal's Luxury Transportation. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "NLA Releases 2016-19 Board Election Results". www.lctmag.com. Retrieved 2016-03-11.