Navaneet Ravi Rana
Navneet Kaur at Amravati Mass Marriage announcement
|Member of parliament, Lok Sabha|
|Assumed office |
23 May 2019
|Preceded by||Anandrao Adsul|
3 January 1986
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Navaneet Kaur (also spelled Navneet Kaur; born 3 January 1986) is an Indian film actress who mainly acts in Telugu films. She is elected as Member of Parliament from Amravati (Lok Sabha constituency), Maharashtra in 2019 Loksabha election as independent candidate.
Kaur was born and brought up in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Her parents are of Punjabi origin; her father was an army official. Completed her studies up to 10th standard in Karthika High School. After finishing 12th class, she discontinued her education and began working as a model, going on to appear in six music videos. Kaur made her feature film debut in Darshan, a Kannada film. Then followed her debut in Telugu with Seenu Vasanthi Lakshmi (2004). Chetna (2005), Jagapathi (2005), Good Boy (2005), and Bhuma (2008) are some of her subsequent releases. Additional work include Kalachakram, Terror, Flash News and Jabilamma in Telugu. She was a contestant in the Gemini TV reality show named Humma Humma. She starred in the Malayalam film Love In Singapore, directed by Rafi Mecartin. In 2010, she acted in the Punjabi film Lad Geya Pecha opposite Gurpreet Ghuggi.
After a short hiatus from her film career, on 3 February 2011, she married Ravi Rana, an independent MLA from Badnera constituency in Amravati city. It has been reported that they got married along with 3720 couples in a mass ceremony where many leaders and very important persons, including the then Chief Minister of Maharashtra Prithviraj Chavan and Yog Guru Baba Ramdev, remained present to bless the newly wedded couples belonging to various castes and religions. She is fluent in Marathi language, Hindi, Telugu and English.
|2004||Seenu Vasanthi Lakshmi||Lakshmi||Telugu|
|2005||Chetna: The Excitement||Aastha||Hindi|
|2005||Good Boy||Krishna Veni||Telugu|
|2008||Love In Singapore||Diana Perreira||Malayalam|
|2009||Edukondalavada Venkataramana Andaru Bagundali||Telugu|
|2010||Lad Gaya Pecha||Lovely||Punjabi|
|2010||Chhevan Dariya (The Sixth River)||Reet||Punjabi|
- "Amravati Election Result 2019: Navnit Rani Rana wins against Shiv Sena's Adsul Anandrao Vithoba". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 29 May 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 May 2012. Retrieved 15 June 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Third time lucky? | Movie News - Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 23 April 2009. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- IANS (30 May 2019). "Navneet Kaur only actress to be MP from Maharashtra". Business Standard India. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Navneet Kaur marries Ravi Rana | Movie News - Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 3 February 2011. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|