Nawaminthrachinuthit Bodindecha School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nawaminthrachinuthit Bodindecha School|
Her Majesty the Queen’s Crown, symbol of the school
|5/23 Ladphrao 69, Wangthonglang District, Bangkok
|Motto||Well-behaved and Well-informed|
|Number of students||3,000|
|Color(s)||Light blue and navy blue|
Nawaminthrachinuthit Bodindecha School is one of nine schools founded to honour Her Majesty the Queen on her sixtieth anniversary. The school is the third of the Bodindecha school group.
About the school
Nawaminthrachinuthit Bodindecha School (Thai: โรงเรียนนวมินทราชินูทิศ บดินทรเดชา)is one of the nine schools founded to honour Her Majesty the Queen on her sixtieth birthday. It was founded on July 31, 1992. At the beginning, the school was managed by Khunying Lakkana Saengsanit (คุณหญิงลักขณา แสงสนิท), the then director of Bodindecha (Sing Singhaseni) School (โรงเรียนบดินทรเดชา (สิงห์ สิงหเสนี)). Nawaminthrachinuthit means devotion to the queen of the 9th King. Bodindecha is taken from the name of Army General Chao Phraya Bodindecha, who is also known as Singh(สิงห์), or simply Sing, from his family name of Singhaseni (สิงหเสนี). During the reign of Chakri Dynasty King Rama III (พระบาทสมเด็จพระนั่งเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว 1824–1851), General Singh led an army from Bangkok to put down the rebellion of Lord Anouvong of Vientiane (ปราบกบฎ เจ้าอนุวงศ์ เวียงจันทน์) (1826–1828).
The school received the 'Outstanding Secondary School Award' from the Department of General Education in 1996.
The school is an ISO 9002 standard organization and received its certificate in 1999.
- Tree (flora): Nine Gullapraphruks(9 Wishing Trees)
- Area: 15 rais
- Number of classes: 66
- Number of students: 3000
English Program (EP)
The program equips the students with literacy and numeracy through the study of English, Science, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Health Science and Phvsical Education(PE).
- Computer and LAN system
- Science labs
- Computer room (120 computers for students study)
- Internet Room (25 computers for students use)
- E-learning center (60 computers)
- Overhead projector and ceiling electric fan in every classroom
- Learning center with LCD projector in every department
- Assembly Hall
- Mini theater and music room
- Herbs and botanical garden
- Sports fields for soccer, basketball, volleyball, badminton and table tennis
- Mr. Amornrat Pin-ngern, first director, 1992 - 1998
- Mr.Palongyoot Indhapan, second director, 1998 - 2002
- Mrs.Pornpat Sitthiwong, third director, 2002 - 2005
- Mr.Jamlong Chey-Aksorn, fourth director, 2006 - 2008
- Mr.Chonan Maroottawong, fifth director, 2008 - 2011
- Dr.Salinee Meecharoen, sixth director, 2011-2013
- Mrs.Pornpimol Pornchanarak, seventh director, 2013 - present