May 3, 1957
|Occupation||Novelist and academician|
Nazan Bekiroğlu is a Turkish novelist and academician.
She was born in Trabzon in 1957. After finishing high school in the same city, she graduated from Atatürk University, School of Literature, Department of Turkish Language and Literature (1979). She worked as a teacher for four years followed by an assistantship at Karadeniz Technical University. She completed her Ph.D. at Karadeniz Technical University, Fatih School of Education, Department of Turkish Language and Literature under the supervision of Orhan Okay (1987). The topic of her Ph.D. thesis was the technical analysis of Halide Edip Adıvar's novels. She received her tenure and became an associate professor upon completing a study about Şair Nigar Hanım (1995). She became a full professor on May 4, 2001 and continues to work at the same department. She has authored numerous books as well as articles, essays, and stories published in various journals and magazines.
Life story in her own words
|“||She has always lived in this city except for four years in university. Cloud. Sea. Rain.
She studied Turkish Language and Literature in Erzurum. Snow. Wind. Lowland.
- Nun Masalları (Stories of Nun ) (Story, Dergâh, 1997; Nun Edition, 2007)
- Şair Nigar Hanım (Ms. Nigar the Poet) (Examination, İletişim, 1998)
- Halide Edip Adıvar (Ph.D. thesis, Şule, 1999)
- Mor Mürekkep (Purple Ink) (Essay, İyiadam, 1999)
- Yusuf İle Züleyha / Kalbin Üzerine Titreyen Hüzün (Yusuf and Zulaikha / Aflutter Gloom on the Heart) (Oriantel Mesnevî, Timaş, 2000)
- Mavi Lâle, Yitik Lâle (Blue Tulip, Lost Tulip) (Essay, İyiadam Publication, 2001)
- İsimle Ateş Arasında (Between Name and Fire) (Novel, Timaş, 2002)
- Cümle Kapısı (Sentence Door)(Essay, Timaş, 2004)(TYB Essay Award 2003)
- Cam Irmağı Taş Gemi (Glass River, Lapidary Ship) (Story, Timaş, 2006) (TYB Story Award 2006)
- Lâ: Sonsuzluk Hecesi (Lâ: Syllable of Infinity) (Novel-Mesnevî, 2008)
- Yol Hali (The Status of Road) (Novel, Timaş, 2010)
- Nar Ağacı (Pomegranate Tree) (Novel, Timaş, 2012)
- Mimoza Sürgünü(Exile of Mimosa) (Essay, Timaş, 2013)
- Kelime Defteri (The Notebook of Words) (Essay, Timaş, 2014)
- Mücellâ (Novel, Timaş, 2015)
- Karınca İzleri - Hikmet Aksoy Kitabı (The Marks of Ants - A book of Hikmet Aksoy) (Timaş, 2015)
- nazanbekiroglu.org (Non-official Turkish Page)