|Genera and species|
Cyathermiidae McLean, 1990
Neomphalidae is a family of sea snails or limpets, specifically deep sea hydrothermal vent limpets. This family was included in the Vetigastropoda, which is a clade according to the Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005. It is now included in the clade Neomphalina.
No subfamilies are included in this family. The Neomphalidae was removed from the subclass Eogastropoda where it was the only family in the superfamily Neomphaloidea McLean, 1981 and order Neomphalida (McLean, 1981).
Genera and species
Genera and species within the Neomphalidae include:
- Cyathermia Warén & Bouchet, 1989
- Lacunoides Warén & Bouchet, 1989
- Neomphalus McLean, 1981 - type genus
- Planorbidella Warén & Bouchet, 1993
- Solutigyra Warén & Bouchet, 1989
- Symmetromphalus McLean, 1990
- McLean J. H. (8 December 1981). "The Galapagos rift limpet Neomphalus: relevance to understanding the evolution of a major paleozoic-mesozoic radiation". Malacologia 21(1-2): 291-336.
- Bouchet, P. (2010). Neomphalidae. In: Bouchet, P.; Gofas, S.; Rosenberg, G. (2010) World Marine Mollusca database. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=411612 on 2012-03-20
- SysTax Neomphalida McLean, 1981
- http://www.gastropods.com/Taxon_pages/SuperFamily_NEOMPHALOIDEA.html cited 2 October 2008
|This Neomphalidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|