Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Period||2003 - 2006|
|Genre||historical fiction; literary fiction|
Nerida Newton (born 1972) is an Australian novelist whose first novel, The Lambing Flat won the Emerging Author category for the Queensland Premier's Literary Awards  and was shortlisted for the The Australian/Vogel Literary Award. In 2004 the novel was shortlisted the Commonwealth Writers' Prize for the Asia/Pacific region (Best First Book) and One Book One Brisbane. Later that year, Newton was named by the Sydney Morning Herald as one of Australia's best young novelists. Her second novel, Death of a Whaler was released in 2006.
She has had short stories published in Australian Short Stories and Inkspot, articles published in the The Courier-Mail, and has presented at various writer's festivals around Australia.
- Newton, Nerida (2003). The Lambing Flat. UQP. ISBN 0-7022-3386-2.
- Newton, Nerida (2006). Death of a Whaler. Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-74114-791-3.
- "About Nerida Newton". Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- "Past winners". Queensland Premier's Department. Archived from the original on 17 July 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- "Australian Vogel". middlemiss. Retrieved 2013-03-31.