||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ispiryan in Lebanon, 2010
May 15, 1963 |
Yerevan, Soviet Union
|Genres||patriotic, Pop, folk,|
|Instruments||Voice, zurna, dhol, duduk|
|Years active||late 1980s–present|
Nersik Ispiryan was born in Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union. He graduated from School No.160 in Erebuni district of Yerevan, Soviet Armenia. He studied in Yerevan Komitas State Conservatory from 1986 to 1992, while singing in Akunk («Ակունք») folk ensemble. He moved to the United States in 1995, because of pressure from Levon Ter-Petrosyan's anti-nationalist government, against him and other pro-Dashnak figures in mid-1990s.
Nersik Ispiryan is married with three children, two daughters (Ashken and Ani) and son Arabo.
Nersik Ispiryan is an author of more than thirty patriotic songs.
Some of his songs are:
- Armenian braves (Հայ քաջեր)
- We must go sooner or later (Պիտի գնանք վաղ թե ուշ)
- On the Slope of the Mountain (Լեռան լանջին)
- Fly, eagle (Արծիվ, սլացի՛ր)
- Armenian land (Հայոց էրգիր)
- Karabakh (Ղարաբաղ)
- Im am from Mush (Մշեցի եմ)
- Native land (Երկիր հայրենի)