From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The son of Zuar, chief of the tribe of Issachar and one of the leaders of the tribes of Israel during the Exodus (Num. 1:8; 2:5, 7:18, 23; 10:15).
- One of David's brothers (1 Chr. 2:14).
- A priest who blew the trumpet before the ark when it was brought up to Jerusalem (1 Chr. 15:24).
- A Levite (1 Chr. 24:6).
- A temple porter, of the family of the Korhites (1 Chr. 26:4).
- One of the "princes" appointed by Jehoshaphat to teach the law through the cities of Judah (2 Chr. 17:7).
- A chief Levite in the time of Josiah (2 Chr. 35:9).
- A son of Passhur, one of the biblical priests who had taken a pagan wife but repented according to Ezra 10:22.
- Neh. 12:21.
- A priest's son who bore a trumpet at the dedication of the walls of Jerusalem (Neh. 12:36).