New Palestine High School
|New Palestine High School|
|4485 S Victory Dr
New Palestine, Indiana, (Hancock County) 46163
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Southern Hancock County Community School Corporation|
|Student to teacher ratio||22.9:1|
|Song||"What's New Pussycat"|
|Fight song||"What's New Pussycat"|
|Athletics conference||Hoosier Heritage Conference|
|Vision statement||Achieving our personal best in pursuit of excellence|
New Palestine High School is a rural public high school (grades 9-12) located in New Palestine, Indiana, managed by the Community School Corporation of Southern Hancock County. As of the 2013-2014 school year it served 1,099 students and employed 48 faculty members.
New Palestine High School has repeatedly been named a Four-Star School by the Indiana Department of Education, most recently in 2011.
Athletics and extracurricular activities
New Palestine High School is part of the Hoosier Heritage Conference and offers soccer, tennis, cross country, American football, golf, volleyball, basketball, gymnastics, swimming, wrestling, baseball, softball and track and field. In addition, New Palestine High School has award-winning marching band, choir and journalism programs. New Palestine High School is also home to one of the most unique clubs in Indiana, the Intergalactic Alien Society, which consists of over 100 student members. 
New Palestine has won five Indiana High School Athletic Association state championships: in baseball (2004), softball (2004, 2008, 2009), and football (2014). In addition, the Dragons have had State Finals appearances in baseball (2003, 2004), softball (2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009) and football (1990, 2014, 2015), as well as team state finals appearances in golf and gymnastics. NPHS also has six individual IHSAA state championships, won by Kyle Ulrey (1) and Chad Red (4) in wrestling and Lori Swegman (1) in the 880 yard run. New Palestine has won 52 Hoosier Heritage Conference championships since 1993 across its 20 sports, and has won 104 sectional championships in total.
A former football coach, Marvin Shepler, is a member of the Indiana Football Hall of Fame and a former basketball coach, Fred Keesling, is a member of the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame, and the IHSAA's Mental Attitude Award for boys' golf is named for him. Former football player, Todd Yoder, was also inducted in the Indiana Football Hall of Fame in 2015.
- Angela Ahrendts, Senior Vice President, Retail and Online Stores, Apple Inc.; former CEO of Burberry
- Todd Yoder, former professional football player
- Kent Raymond, former professional basketball player
- John Allison, former Purdue Center, and professional basketball play
- Brooke Bowser, award winning designer, branding expert and well known house flipper. Art Institute Graduate
- Elijah Domogala, 2017 IBB MVP Winner and PGA Amateur Links Golf Club Associate
- Aaron Pierson, Nobel Peace Prize Winner and 3 time Oscar Nominee
- "New Palestine High School - Info". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 17, 2015.