New Writing North
New Writing North was established in 1996 in Newcastle upon Tyne, working with writers across the North East of England. In 2012 the agency became part of Arts Council England's National Portfolio programme and expanded its remit to cover the whole of the North of England. New Writing North is a registered charity and a limited company.
New Writing North commissioned four poets to commemorate poet Andrew Waterhouse after his death in 2001, including "Song for the Crossing" by Sean O'Brien. The poems were set to music by Newcastle-based composer and musician Keith Morris.
- "About". New Writing North. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "New Writing North". Arts Council England. Archived from the original on 9 December 2014. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "New Writing North". Open Charities UK Charities Register. Open Charities. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "New Writing North". WebCHeck. Companies House. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- Whetstone, David (2015-06-02). "Legacy of talented hit-and-run musicians Keith Morris and Joe Scurfield lives on". ChronicleLive. Retrieved 2020-11-14.
|This article about an organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|