From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Newcomen may refer to:
- Viscount Newcomen, of Mosstown in the County of Longford, a title in the Peerage of Ireland
- Newcomen baronets, of Kenagh in the County of Longford, a title in the Baronetage of Ireland
People with the surname Newcomen:
- John Newcomen (c. 1613 – 1630), first white settler murdered by another white settler in Plymouth Colony, Massachusetts
- Matthew Newcomen (c. 1610 – 1669), English nonconformist churchman
- Thomas Newcomen (1663–1729), ironmonger and inventor of the steam engine
- Newcomen Society, British learned society that promotes and celebrates the history of engineering and technology
- Newcomen Society of the United States, educational foundation for "the study and recognition of achievement in American business and the society it serves"
- Newcomen atmospheric engine invented by Thomas Newcomen in 1712, the first practical device to harness the power of steam to produce mechanical work
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Newcomen.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.