Newport Beach Wooden Boat Festival
The Newport Beach Wooden Boat Festival is an annual event held at the Balboa Yacht Club in Newport Beach, California. The festival celebrates wooden boats of all sizes including wooden canoes, kayaks, and dinghies, as well as yachts and tall ships.
The first Newport Beach Wooden Boat Festival was held June 6, 2014 and featured 47 boats on display.
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Best–in-class power: over 50 feet and under 50 feet
- Best–in-class sail: over 50 feet and under 50 feet
- Human-powered wooden vessels
The 2105 Newport Beach Wooden Boat Festival was held on June 6, 2015, in conjunction with the 40th anniversary of the Newport Beach Harbor Patrol. The yacht America, for which the America's Cup is named, was on display at the event.
- "BYC Wooden Boat Festival". BYC Wooden Boat Festival. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- "Wooden Boat Festival at Balboa Yacht Club". Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- "40 Year Open House – OC Sheriff Harbor Patrol". BYC Wooden Boat Festival. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- Hill, Taylor (June 12, 2014). "Wooden boats take center stage in Newport Beach". The Orange County Register.