Ngee Ann Secondary School
||This article possibly contains original research. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ngee Ann Secondary School
Yì ān Zhōng xué
|Motto||Righteousness and Courtesy
|Established||23 March 1994|
|Principal||Mr Albert Lim|
Ngee Ann Secondary School (abbreviation: NASS) is an autonomous government-aided secondary school in Tampines, Singapore. The school was founded by the Ngee Ann Kongsi, a Teochew clan foundation. Set up in 1994, Ngee Ann Secondary was a successor to the now defunct Tuan Mong High School.
|Name of Principal||Years Served|
|Mr Tan Thiam Hock||1994-1998|
|Mr Bob Koh||1998-2003|
|Mr Chua Chor Huat||2004-2008|
|Mr Adrian Lim||2008-2013|
|Mr Albert Lim||2014–Present|
Ngee Ann Secondary School is located at the junction of Tampines Street 32 and Tampines Avenue 2, in the Eastern side of Singapore. It is also near 2 establishments; Tampines Mart and Tampines 201 which students frequent for lunch and meetings. The future Tampines East MRT Station on the Downtown Line will be located at a close proximity to the school, with Exit C being at the back of the school gate.
- Air-conditioned Multi-Purpose Hall
- Indoor Sports Hall
- Maths Modelling Room
- Pario Studio
- Outdoor Amphitheatre
- Wordworks Lab
- Art studio
- Media Resource Library
- Dance Studio
- D&T Studio
The school has invested in the use of Information Technology for education. The school has currently two computer labs and ICT Studio for students that houses 40 computers each. A new subject, Computer Studies (CS), had also been started by the Singapore government in 2006, and NASS accepts its first batch of CS students in 2008. and as of 2009, NASS has around 40 CS students in total. NASS has also been selected as one of the schools in the East to be known as the East Zone Center of Excellence Infocomm Technology (COE ICT) on 30 August 2007.
MOE Elective Programmes
From 2012, Ngee Ann Secondary School will offer the Enhanced Art Programme to provide greater opportunities for students with keen disposition and capability in art to develop their talent, to provide an enriched learning environment. The Enhanced Music Programme is also designated to NASS in 2013 for students interested to take Music as an academic subject.
The Co-curricular Activities offered by Ngee Ann Secondary are listed below: 
- Badminton (Boys/Girls)
- Basketball (Boys/Girls)
- Table Tennis (Boys/Girls)
- Volleyball (Girls)
- Outdoor Adventure Club (ODAC)
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC)
- Girl Guides
- Chinese Orchestra
- Symphonic Band
- String Ensemble
- Jam Band
- International Dance
- English Drama and Debate Society (ELDDS)
Clubs And Societies
- Multimedia Infocomm Club
- Arts And Innovation Club
- International Chess Club
- Photography Club
- Horticulture & Environment Club
- Romeo Tan: Actor, Mediacorp
- Timothy Go: Newscaster, Channel Newsasia
- Kang Rui Jie: Gold medalist, Taekwondo Taekwondo at the 2015 Southeast Asian Games
- "義安公司 | NGEE ANN KONGSI » Ngee Ann Secondary School". www.ngeeann.com.sg. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Ngee Ann Secondary School". Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "More Schools to Offer Enhanced Art and Music Programmes to Nurture More Students with Talent in Art and Music". Mynewsdesk. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Ngee Ann Secondary School website".