Nicholas van der Nat
|Nicholas van der Nat|
|Full name||Nicholas van der Nat|
|Born||1 October 1979 |
Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa
|Peak rating||2337 (September 2011)|
Nicholas van der Nat is a South African chess player.
He has the titles of FIDE Master and FIDE Trainer. He has won the South African Closed Chess Championships three times, in 2000, 2005, and 2009, and was the best South African participant in the South African Open in 2009 and 2011. He coaches chess on a full-time basis. He has started and currently runs Chess Excellence, a Chess coaching and competition organisation based in Johannesburg.
- Chess South Africa, archived from the original on 2013-03-08
- Nicholas van der Nat rating card at FIDE
- Crowther, Mark (1 May 2000), THE WEEK IN CHESS 286, London Chess Center, retrieved 27 August 2010
- Crowther, Mark (25 April 2005), THE WEEK IN CHESS 546, London Chess Center, archived from the original on 7 August 2011, retrieved 27 August 2010
- Crowther, Mark (4 January 2010), THE WEEK IN CHESS 791, London Chess Center, retrieved 27 August 2010