This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||24 May 1946|
|Occupation||Author and illustrator|
|Education||Royal Liberty School|
|Notable works||Percy the Park Keeper|
|Notable awards||Nestle Prize 2005|
Nick Butterworth (born 24 May 1946) is a British children's author and illustrator.
After his education at the Royal Liberty School in Gidea Park, he left home to work as an apprentice as a typographical designer with the National Children's Home before working at Crosby Fletcher Forbes (the forerunner of design agency Pentagram) and then leaving to become a freelance graphic designer in partnership with fellow long-standing friend and children's writer and illustrator, Mick Inkpen. Their published collaborations include Just Like Jasper, Jasper's Beanstalk, The Sports Day, The Nativity Play and Wonderful Earth.
He has written and illustrated other children's books including Thud!, The Whisperer (dedicated to Desmond Tutu and winner of the Nestle Prize 2005) and two books about Q Pootle 5, a space-dweller whose friends include Oopsy, Planet Dave and Tiger.
- "nick Butterworth". HarperCollins. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- "Percy the Park Keeper". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- "Children's Award Winners" (PDF). St Bernadette’s Catholic Primary School. 2007: 1. Retrieved 16 May 2016. Cite journal requires
- "Q Pootle 5: From Book to TV Series". skwigly.co.uk. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- Snapper Films (official home page)
|This article about a children's author from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British illustrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|