|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Labels||DROG, Six Shooter|
|Associated acts||Art of Time Ensemble|
Goldsmith, Marsh, Piltch and Tielli came together in 1992 to collaborate on a cover of Joni Mitchell's "River" for the 1992 Mitchell tribute album Back to the Garden. The four began practising and performing under the name Nick Buzz, a nod to Tielli's chain-smoking habit ('nicotine buzz').
Nick Buzz released a full-length album, Circo Nick Buzz, in 1996 through Dark Light Music. It was rereleased in 2002 by Six Shooter Records, with the music magazine Chart calling it a "virtually unheard-of 1996 classic". In 2003, they got back together to perform four songs by Arnold Schoenberg, originally for Andrew Burashko's Art of Time series in Toronto. The group released a recording of these songs for Tielli's Tielli 2003 subscription series on Six Shooter.
The members previously collaborated on a cover of Joni Mitchell's "River" for the 1992 Mitchell tribute album Back to the Garden, although they were credited by their individual names rather than as Nick Buzz.
- Circo (1996)
- Arnold Schoenberg and the Berlin Cabaret (2003)
- A Quiet Evening at Home (2013)
- H. Raymond Samuels II. (2005). Compendium of the Dominion: Canada's grassroots national newspaper : May 2003 to November 2004 editions. Agora Cosmopolitan. p. 115. ISBN 978-1-894934-14-5.
- "Nick Buzz: Nick Buzz". Vue Weekly, July 23, 2009
- "A Quiet Evening at Home unique and adventurous". Caper Times , Sep 15, 2013 page 6
- Michael Barclay; Ian A. D. Jack; Jason Schneider (2011). Have Not Been the Same: The CanRock Renaissance, 1985-1995. ECW Press. pp. 910–. ISBN 978-1-55490-968-1.
- Library and Archives Canada. "AMICUS No. 28215361". www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/lac-bac/search/all. canada.gc.ca/main_e.html. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- Sean Carruthers. "Circo Review". www.allmusic.com. Allmusic. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- ChartAttack.com Staff (CHARTattack) (23 April 2002). "CD REVIEWS: Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The Tea Party, Wilco and many more". Chart (magazine). chartattack.com. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "A Buzz that demands attention". Waterloo Region Record, By Michael Barclay
- "Nick Buzz - A Quiet Evening At Home". NOW Toronto, by Sarah Greene August 29, 2013