Nick Ede (born 1973) is an award winning Scottish public relations and brand consultant and television presenter. He runs the London-based PR agency www.eastofeden.london and he lives in Hackney. He is a well respected Philanthropist and charity activist.
Ede was born in Edinburgh, where he attended Edinburgh Academy. He studied at Glasgow School of Art and Bretton Hall College in Leeds. He moved to Stoke Newington in 1996 to try to become an actor, but his mother died from a stroke in 1997 when he was 22 and he moved back to Edinburgh. He did work for the Stroke Foundation and joined Apollo Leisure in marketing, before moving back to Hackney in 1998 to become head of entertainment at Lastminute.com. In 2000 he became a marketing manager at Mondi Associates, then in 2001 he became head of packages at ATC Management.
In 2003, he did six months work experience at Shine Television, including co-presenting The Russell Grant Show on Sky One. Shortly afterwards, actress Jennifer Ellison asked him to host a party to highlight her appearance on Hell's Kitchen, which was his introduction to PR work. He launched Eden Lifestyle in 2004, then worked with Nick Fulford, merging their businesses in 2006. He was named Scottish Communicator of the Year at the 2009 Scottish Fashion Awards.
He has appeared on Project Catwalk since 2008 (gaining the nickname "the Simon Cowell of fashion"), Diet on the Dancefloor and Lorraine Kelly's morning show LK Today. He holds an annual celebrity fundraising night for the Stroke Association called "A Night with Nick", and is a patron for Jeans for Genes; his father, Donald Ede, was a developmental geneticist.
Nick created the campaign styleforstroke which has fans including Mel B, Kelly Osbourne, Lilah Parsons, Sarah Hardin, Ashley James, Vogue Williams and many more. He has been instrumental is creating the Global Gift Gala platform with the philanthropist Eva Longoria and Maria Bravo.
He is openly gay.
Nick is a columnist for Www.caledonista.com
- Quainton, David (28 February 2008). "PROFILE: Nick Ede, Life and soul of the party". PR Week. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Nick Ede". Hackney People. Hackney Borough Council. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Q&A: Nick Ede". 60by80. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "EAST OF EDEN". East of Eden. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- "Eden and Cancan in agency merger". PR Week. 7 July 2006. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- Milligan, Lauren (22 June 2009). "Scottish Fashion Awards". Vogue. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Ede set for TV role as designer judge". PR Week. 12 October 2007. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Interview: Diet On The Dancefloor's Nick Ede". Sky TV. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "A Night with Nick - celebrity party in aid of The Stroke Association". Stroke Association. 22 October 2008. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "It's all in the jeans". Yorkshire Post. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 7 July 2010.