Nicola Davies (footballer)
|Date of birth||28 December 1985|
|Place of birth||Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Menai Bridge Tigers|
|2000–2003||Bangor City Girls|
|2008||→ Fredericksburg Lady Gunners (loan)|
|2013–2014||Doncaster Rovers Belles|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23:59 8 September 2012
Nicola "Nicky" Davies (born 28 December 1985) is a Welsh female international football goalkeeper. In 2013, she joined FA WSL club Doncaster Rovers Belles, after a long association with Liverpool Ladies and a short spell at Chelsea Ladies. Davies has represented Wales at senior level.
Davies began playing for Menai Bridge Tigers' under-11 boys team. She joined Bangor City in 2000 and was the recognised first choice goalkeeper until she moved to Liverpool in September 2003. While with Liverpool, Davies won the Northern Premier Division in 2003–04 and 2006–07.
In 2009–10 Davies spent a period away from Liverpool while completing Royal Air Force training. She played for Rochdale in the 2011–12 FA Women's Premier League Northern Division to gain match fitness.
After playing for Liverpool in 2012, Davies was named FA WSL goalkeeper of the year. She also won 2012 RAF Sportswoman of the Year. She started the opening two games of the following season for Chelsea in outstanding form, but was then posted to Oman with the RAF, curtailing her campaign.
In 2014, Davies joined up with Welsh legend Jayne Ludlow at Reading F.C. Women competing in the newly formed WSL2.
In August 2010, Davies played for Wales in 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup qualification games against Azerbaijan and Sweden. Her club was listed as RAF. Prior to this, her last game for Wales had been in March 2009 against Poland.
- "International teams — Nicola Davies". Football Association of Wales. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Nicola Davies — Liverpool Ladies". Menai Bridge Tigers FC. Archived from the original on 8 February 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Keeper Davies to join Liverpool Ladies". Bangor City Girls FC. September 2003. Archived from the original on 14 May 2008. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- Jones, Dave (16 June 2012). "Wales goalkeeper Nicola Davies looking forward to Racecourse clash against Israel". Daily Post. Archived from the original on 20 April 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "RAF Ladies Footballer Wins Two Major Awards". Royal Air Force. 23 November 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Davies to Doncaster". She Kicks. 2 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "3.3.2002 – CAN 4:0 WAL". CanadaSoccer.com. Retrieved 16 September 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Match Report — Sweden 5 – 1 Wales". Football Association of Wales. 25 August 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Match Report — Wales 1 – 2 Poland". Football Association of Wales. 11 March 2009. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Welsh Squad Named for Bulgaria Friendly". Liverpool Ladies FC. 10 November 2010. Retrieved 21 November 2010.[permanent dead link]