Nicolas John Barker, OBE FBA FSA (born 1932) is a British historian of printing and books. He was Head of Conservation at the British Museum from 1976 to 1992 and is a former editor of The Book Collector. He is the Chair of the Type Archive in London.
A collection of his work was published to mark his 80th birthday in 2012. He was elected a Fellow of the British Academy in 1998, and is also a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London; in 2002, he was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire.
- John Carter; Nicolas Barker (2004). ABC for Book Collectors (8th ed.). ISBN 1584561122.
- Barker, Nicolas (2000). The great book of Thomas Trevilian.
- Barker, Nicolas (1988). Two East Anglian picture books.
- Barker, Nicolas (1978). Bibliotheca Lindesiana: the Lives and Collections of Alexander William, 25th Earl of Crawford and 8th Earl of Balcarres, and James Ludovic, 26th Earl of Crawford and 9th Earl of Balcarres. London: for Presentation to the Roxburghe Club, and published by Bernard Quaritch
- "Nicolas Barker at Wells College". Wells Book Arts Center. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Author: Nicolas Barker". Carcanet. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Trustees". The Type Archive. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Edwards, A. S. G. (2013). Nicolas barker at Eighty: a list of his publications to mark his 80th birthday in 2012. New Castle: Oak Knoll. ISBN 9781584563235. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Barker, Nicolas John", Who's Who (online edition, Oxford University Press, December 2017). Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Mr Nicolas Barker", British Academy. Retrieved 18 March 2018.