Nicole Lee is a human rights lawyer. She is an expert and activist in human rights issues. She is a former president of TransAfrica and is the first female president of the organisation. Prior to this role, she has worked as a human rights lawyer in Africa, the Caribbean and Latin America. She has testified before congress on policy issues concerning Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. She is also currently official liaison between the Nelson Mandela family and international media.
Lee was born in Buffalo, NY. After graduating with a masters of law degree from the University of Buffalo, she worked in Haiti for a human rights group, Bureau des Avocats Internationaux. She then worked with a human rights advocacy group, Global Justice. She joined TransAfrica as CFO in 2005 and is the current Executive Director of TransAfrica. She is married to Marc Bayard.
She has appeared on 20/20, Anderson Cooper, NPR, Democracy Now!, and BBC television. Notable interviews are noted below:
- The Tavis Smiley Show, (June 28, 2013): Obama's Trip to Africa 
- Democracy Now!,(November 7, 2007): US Militarization of Africa.
- "Nicole Lee profile". University at Buffalo. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- "Staff". transafrica.org. Archived from the original on July 5, 2013. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Turner, Jack. "SOBU: Nicole Lee From TransAfrica Keeps It Real". thisweekinblackness.com. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- One Year Later, Life no Better in Haiti (News interview). therealnews.com. January 12, 2011. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- TransAfrica president Nicole Lee (News interview). PBS. July 1, 2013. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- Abdullah, Khalil (May 2, 2007). "Social Justice Guides Lee's Vision for TransAfrica". New America Media. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Green Festival Speakers - Nicole Lee". greenfestivals.org. Archived from the original on November 29, 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Busboys and Poets: Dr. Johnnetta Cole and Nicole Lee". busboysandpoets.com. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Actor and Activist Danny Glover & TransAfrica Forum’s Nicole Lee on the U.S. Militarization of Africa and AFRICOM (News interview). Democracy Now!. February 7, 2012. Retrieved July 10, 2013.