Nido Qubein is a businessman, motivational speaker, and President of High Point University since 2005. He received his Associate's Degree in Business from Mount Olive College, where he was a member of ΔΠΔ (Delta Pi Delta) fraternity. He earned his Bachelor's Degree in Human Relations from High Point University in 1970, and his Master of Science in Business Education degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro Bryan School of Business & Economics in 1973; in 2009, he was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Letters in Humanity degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Qubein is the Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the National Speakers Association Foundation. He has served as Chairman of the Great Harvest Bread Company since 2001 and on the Board of Directors of BB&T since 1990 and La-Z-Boy Corporation since 2006. Since 2005 when Qubein became the seventh president of High Point University, he has led a transformation that has nearly tripled the number of faculty, tripled traditional undergraduate enrollment, and added four academic schools. Qubein is notable for being the third or fourth highest paid college president in the United States, earning $2.9 million a year in 2013.
In 2006, Qubein was inducted into the Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans along with Oprah Winfrey and Starbucks founder, Howard Schulz. In 1999, Qubein was honored with the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro Bryan School of Business & Economics. In 2000, Toastmasters International awarded him their Golden Gavel Medal. He was awarded the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations' Ellis Island Medal of Honor. In 2012, he was awarded the Daughters of the American Revolution Americanism Medal.
Beginning in January 2012, UNCTV began airing "High Point University Presents A Conversation with..." series. The hour long segments feature Nido Qubein interviewing prominent leaders and innovators like General Colin Powell, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, NY Times best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell and more.
In 2015 the Biography Channel aired"Nido Qubein: A Life of Success and Significance."
Qubein has written 11 books, including titles like How To Communicate Like A Pro and Stairway to Success: The Complete Blueprint for Personal and Professional Achievement.
The September 2012 issue of Success magazine featured Nido Qubein discussing his role as president of High Point University. The story chronicles Qubein's leadership of the school since taking the helm in 2005. 
- For information about Delta Pi Delta, see p. 22 in Mount Olive College Student Handbook, http://www.moc.edu/mocImages/Handbook2009-20101.pdf, accessed 18 Jun 2012
- "UNC Greensboro news".
- "National Speakers Association Foundation leaders".
- "Great Harvest Bread Company".
- "Branch Banking & Trust". La-Z-Boy Corporation.
- "La-Z-Boy Corporation past award winners".
- "HPU Growth Chart".
- StartClass, Nido Qubien -- High Point University #4, Retrieved December 14, 2015, "...Total Compensation: $2,909,148.."
- Jean Stancill, December 8, 2015, News & Observer, The president of High Point University ranked as the third highest-paid university president in the country, according to a Chronicle of Higher Education report on 2013 data, Retrieved December 14, 2015
- "Horatio Algers Association".
- "UNCG Bryan School of Business graduates".
- "Toastmasters award winners".
- "National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations award winners".
- "2012 NSDAR Congress Opening Night Guest Speakers: Honorees who are Enhancing our Present".
- "UNCTV Series: HPU Presents".
- "Nido Qubein: A Life of Success and Significance".
- "Dr Qubein's webpage".
- : Success Magazine: "Making the Grade"
- "Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans member info".