|Years active||1989 – present|
|Labels||Hitch Hyke, FM Records, Vinylust, Mad Prophet, Nasoni, MeteorCity, Small Stone|
|Associated acts||SuperDoz, Rotting Christ|
Nightstalker are Argy (vocals), Andreas Lagios (bass), Tolis Motsios (guitar) and Dinos Roulos (drums). Formed in 1989 by the lead singer and drummer at the same time, Argy, Nightstalker have become popular in the underground rock scene as pioneers of the 'heavy rock' scene (later named as stoner rock) and have earned a cult following. Having a classic rock and metal background, and influenced by the grunge rock of the early 1990s, the band managed to combine the raw rock 'n roll simplicity with heavy riffs and hazy, psychedelic tunes. After some releases in several compilations (Toxic Babes in a Rock 'n Roll Land, Divin'), the band became well known after the release of the first EP, SideFX (1994), and the first album Use (1996). Followed by the third release, the EP The Ritual (2000), the main characteristic of the first decade was the combination of drums playing and lead singing by Argy, and the productions of the albums by Alex K (The Last Drive). The next album, Just a Burn (2004), was the last that Argy played the drums, although the band had a drummer (Costas, a.k.a. Digital Alchemist) for the live shows. This album was a big opportunity to grow the bands' fan base, and its success was a big step for their next album Superfreak (2009) which was released by the American label MeteorCity.
The band itself usually rejects the "stoner rock" label.
We never accepted labels in music. I've always believed we play rock. In the early 1990s music press labeled us as grunge. Three or four years now they've been saying we play stoner. In five or six years, if we're still on this planet, they'll say we play something else. But who gives a shit…
They have played live both in Greece and have toured Europe and appeared in various festivals, while supporting bands such as The Last Drive, Deus ex Machina and Uriah Heep etc. In 2016 a tribute album saw the light under the "Children Of The Grave" name with bands like Tonia, Heritage or Demolition Train playing their tunes.
The most recent of Nightstalker's 3-decade career has seen the band become more prolific, with the release of albums 'Dead Rock Commandos' in 2012, 'As Above, So Below' in 2016, and most recently 'Great Hallucinations' in 2019. And while the worldwide pandemic doesn't currently allow, Nightstalker look forward to getting back on road to continue touring extensively; a medium that since day one has been at the forefront of Nightstalker's musical language, a celebration of all things loud.
- SideFx (1994 Hitch Hyke)
- Use (1996 FM Records)
- The Ritual (2000 Vinylust)
- Just a Burn (2004 Mad Prophet Records)
- Superfreak (2009 Meteor City)
- Dead Rock Commandos (2012 Small Stone Records)
- As Above, So Below (2016 Oak Island Records)
- Great Hallucinations (2019)
- "Συνεντεύξεις: Nightstalker" (in Greek). [Avopolis Music Network]. 2004-12-20. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-11-05. Retrieved 2016-11-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Nightstalker: Short Biography". [Official Site]. Archived from the original on August 5, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "Συνέντευξη με τους Nightstalker" (in Greek). [Rocking.gr]. 2006-01-10. Retrieved 2007-09-03.