This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Nicklas Robert Bärkroth|
|Date of birth||19 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Gothenburg, Sweden|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Striker / Winger|
|2011||→ IF Brommapojkarna (loan)||11||(6)|
|2012||→ União Leiria (loan)||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 May 2018
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12 January 2017
Nicklas Robert Bärkroth (born 19 January 1992 in Gothenburg) is a Swedish footballer who plays as a winger for Lech Poznań in Ekstraklasa. Previously, he has played for Balltorps FF, IFK Göteborg, União Leiria, IF Brommapojkarna and IFK Norrköping.
Bärkroth became the youngest person ever to play in the highest Swedish football league, Allsvenskan, at 15 years, seven months and 14 days old when he started in IFK Göteborg's match against IF Brommapojkarna on 2 September 2007. The record was previously held by Peter Dahlqvist, who was 15 years, nine months and five days when he made his debut for Örgryte IS in 1971 against IFK Norrköping, they were the only two 15-year-olds ever to play in the history of Allsvenskan, until Sead Hakšabanović in 2015.
His father, Robert Bengtsson Bärkroth, played 239 matches in Allsvenskan with Västra Frölunda IF and Örgryte IS. On 23 July 2008 he made his UEFA Champions League debut and scored 2 goals in IFK's 4–0 win against S.S. Murata in the second leg of the first qualifying round, coming on as a substitute at half time, making him one of the youngest players to ever score in a UEFA competition.
On 19 June 2017, he signed a four-year-contract with Polish club Lech Poznań. He made his league debut for the club on 30 July 2017 in a 5-1 home victory over Piast Gliwice. He was subbed on for Maciej Makuszewski in the 63rd minute.
|União de Leiria||2011–12||Primeira Liga||10||0||0||0||–||–||10||0|
1 Including Svenska Supercupen.
- Bärkroth tidernas yngste allsvensk - Startsida - svenskfotboll.se
- Aftonbladet: Nicklas Bärkroth, 15, yngst i allsvenskan: "Det gick helt okej" (Brommapojkarna)
- IFK Göteborg - Matchreferat
- Dagensnyheter. Bärkroth glänste i Champions League
- "Nicklas Bärkroth zawodnikiem Kolejorza" (in Polish). Lech Poznań. 19 June 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Lech Poznan vs. Piast Gliwice – 30 July 2017 – Soccerway". int.soccerway.com. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- "Nicklas Bärkroth". 90minut.pl. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Nicklas Bärkroth". Soccerway. Retrieved 29 June 2017.