|Occupation||Business Journalist (Editor in Chief), Media Personality|
Born on August 8, 1967 as the fifth child to Lafir and Huzaima Cassim in a family of six children, Nisthar started his education at Carey College, Colombo.
Sharpening his hobby in to his career, Nisthar joined “Sun” newspaper when he was just 21 to start a long and steady career as a Journalist.
The Scribed Trail
- 1988 - Sun Newspaper of “Dawasa” Newspaper Group - Trade & Shipping
- 1991 - The Island Newspaper of Upali Group - overseeing the business pages, commenced the shipping segment
- 1992–1994 - handling overall media for Sri Lanka Expo 1992 & Expo 1994
- 1995 – director-publicity of Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Sri Lanka
- 1996/97 - business development manager - Expo International Singapore
- 1997-July - Daily News - business section
- 1999 July - 2005/6 deputy editor Business Daily Mirror, Wijeya Newspapers Ltd
- 2006 March - July 2007 - editor-in-chief Daily Mirror, Wijeya Newspapers Ltd
- 2007 August to 2009 October - managing editor, The Bottom Line, Rivira Media Corporation
- 2009 October to date, editor, Daily Financial Times (Daily FT), Wijeya Newspapers Ltd
Awards and honours
- The first ‘Business Journalist Of The Year’ award by the Editors’ Guild Of Sri Lanka.
- Honoured with a ‘Global Commerce Excellence‘ Medal at the “Global Commerce Excellence Awards” held on December 13, 2011[
The Daily FT
Daily FT, or the Daily Financial Times, a daily business newspaper published in Colombo, Sri Lanka, by Wijeya Newspapers Ltd, is the biggest milestone in Cassim's career. He has served as editor from its inception.