|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Reston, Virginia, United States|
(President) & (CEO)
Number of employees
Noblis is a nonprofit research corporation headquartered in Reston, Virginia. The firm performs scientific research and engineering with clients in the federal, state, and private sectors. The company's scientists, engineers, and researchers in business areas of health care, national security, transportation, sustainability, energy, environment, and climate, and enterprise transformation. The company, formerly known as Mitretek Systems, was a spin-off from the MITRE Corporation.
Between 1996 and 2006, Mitretek Systems focused on national security threats, chemical and biological warfare, biometrics, electronic transactions, traffic congestion, patient safety, environmental sustainability, and renewed energy resources. Mitretek sponsored research projects included: analyzing and implementing technologies to keep information secure on the Internet, communicating voice and data by using Internet Protocol in the event of a national emergency, developing gaming technologies for first responders, and creating sick city scenarios to understand what happens during a naturally occurring, or terrorist-instigated biological event.
The organization changed its name to Noblis in 2007.
The firm's CEOs have been Lydia Thomas (1996-2007) and Amr ElSawy (2007–Present). Among Noblis' senior executive team is Roger Mason, a former assistant director of national intelligence who received the National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal.
- Day, Kathleen (1996-02-23). "The Think Tank That Went Out for a Spin; Mitre Splits in Two to Answer Concerns That It Has an Unfair Edge in Government Work". The Washington Post.
- "History". Noblis. Retrieved 28 October 2010.
- "Locations". Noblis. Retrieved 28 October 2010.
- "Our People". Noblis. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "2014 Top Workplaces". www.topworkplaces.com. Washington Post Magazine. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Leadership Team: Amr ElSawy". Noblis. Retrieved 28 October 2010.
- Clark, Marjorie. "Roger Mason returns to Noblis, Inc., as senior vice president of national security and intelligence". BioPrepWatch. February 10, 2014. (Retrieved 02-10-2014).