From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Nominal (disambiguation))
|Look up nominal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Nominal may refer to:
- Nominal (linguistics), one of the parts of speech
- Noun phrase or nominal phrase
- the adjectival form of "noun", as in "nominal agreement" (= "noun agreement")
In engineering, "nominal" is used to describe a measurement (or group of measurements) that matches the predicted value(s) within the expected margin of error.
- Nominal aphasia or anomic aphasia, a problem remembering words and names
- Nominal category, a group of objects or ideas that can be collectively grouped on the basis of shared, arbitrary characteristic
- Nominal damages, a small award to compensate for technical harm
- Nominal data, a form of categorical data in statistics
- Nominal GDP, a raw gross domestic product value uncompensated for inflation or deflation
- Nominal group (disambiguation)
- Nominal number, a number used as an identifier in mathematics
- Nominal sentence, a sentence without a finite verb
- Nominal techniques, in computer science for working with formal languages with name binding constructs
- Post-nominal letters, letters indicating a title, placed after the name of a person
- Pre-nominal letters, letters indicating a title, placed before the name of a person
- Real versus nominal value, an accepted condition which is a goal or an approximation as opposed to the real value
- Real versus nominal value (economics), the face value of currency not corrected for inflation or compound interest
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Nominal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.