4.0.6 / 27 October 2018
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux|
Novabench is a computer benchmarking utility for Microsoft Windows and macOS. The program tests the performance of computer components and assigns proprietary scores, with higher scores indicating better performance. An online repository is available where submitted scores can be compared. A user can create an account to keep all of their submitted scores in one place. The tool has been noted for its speed and simplicity.
This section needs to be updated.December 2018)(
- Version 1.0 of Novabench was released for Windows on February 20, 2007.
- Version 2.0 of Novabench for Windows was released on February 17, 2008.
- Version 3.0 of Novabench for Windows was released on May 25, 2010.
- Current Novabench version for windows, 3.0.4, was released July 27, 2011.
- Version 4.0 of Novabench is planned to be released later this year (2017).
Mac OS X
- Version 1.1 of Novabench for Mac OS X was released on January 6, 2011.
- Current Novabench version 1.1.1 for Mac OS X was released on February 2, 2016.
Novabench does not currently take advantage of AMD CrossFireX or SLI during graphics testing on Windows, although dual-GPU testing does work on Mac. It also does not currently test secondary, 3rd, 4th, etc. hard drives; it only tests the system (primary) drive. Windows XP and below are no longer supported with version 3.0.4, and in Novabench 4.0, only Windows 7 and up will be supported.
- Lincoln Spector (December 11, 2011). "Super Fast Benchmarking with NovaBench". PC Advisor. IDG. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "Novabench - Changelog". novabench.com. Retrieved 2017-06-04.
- Ian Osborne (January 17, 2014). "Apple Mac Pro review: Benchmarks". TechRadar. Future plc. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "Windows XP *ha*". Novabench Forums. Retrieved 2017-06-04.