|Launched||January 21, 2013|
|Closed||May 5, 2014|
|Owned by||Mediaset España Comunicación|
|Replaced by||La Tienda en Casa|
Nueve was a private Spanish television channel owned by Mediaset España Comunicación. Their programming is aimed at more conventional women. Nueve officially began broadcasting its programming on January 21, 2013 (20 days after starting the test broadcasts). The channel uses the song "Sweet About Me" by Gabriella Cilmi for its jingle and theme.
With the expansion of the number of channels in 2010, before the merger of Telecinco and Cuatro, Telecinco was considering launching a free channel dedicated to women. The channel would have been launched on September 1, 2010 as "LaNueve" (The Nine) corresponding to its logical channel number on digital terrestrial television. Its programming would have included: current affairs, entertainment, fiction series and informative spaces for women.
Recovery of the project and launch the channel
On December 10, 2012, Mediaset España Comunicación decided to start taking the necessary steps back towards the recovery of the "project LaNueve", throwing a new channel (La Tienda en Casa) to act as a relay station occupying the appropriate signal--Nueve. The chosen name was Nueve, a channel specially aimed at a more conventional female audience. This gamble made by Mediaset would compete directly with the younger and urban focusing Nova channel. One of the more notable things about the "Nueve's" beginnings is that the channel started its official broadcasts on January 21, 2013, just 20 days after its test broadcasts, speaking to its immediate popularity. However, from the outset, the launching was announced for two days later.
The channel ceased broadcasting on 5 May 2014, as a consecuence of a sentence by the Supreme Court that annulled the concessions for nine channels broadcasting in DTT, because their permissions for frequencies were granted without the required public consensus and assignments system according to the Audiovisual Law.
Nueve's programming is especially aimed at a more conventional female audience, with a daily schedule consisting of miniseries, telenovelas, TV-series, news programs, talent shows and a live 12-hour broadcasting of the Big Brother Spain house.
- Incorporamos a canle Nueve á televisión de R
- Fernández, Juan Manuel (December 10, 2012). "Mediaset España lanzará en enero 'Nueve', un nuevo canal dirigido al público femenino convencional". Vanitatis. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- "Llega Nueve, el nuevo canal de Mediaset". Mediaset Spain (Telecinco). December 17, 2012.
- "Telecinco lanza en septiembre LaNueve, nuevo canal dirigido a las mujeres". FormulaTV. July 2, 2010. Retrieved December 29, 2012.
- "Telecinco lanza La Nueve para competir con Nova de Antena 3". Vertele. July 2, 2010. Retrieved August 26, 2012.
- "Telecinco cancela el plan de La Nueve y lo sustituye por Boing". Sensacine. August 2, 2010. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- "Telecinco lanza Boing como su cuarto canal y desecha LaNueve". August 2, 2010. Retrieved August 26, 2012.
- Migelez, Xabier (December 10, 2012). "Mediaset España lanzará en enero Nueve, un segundo canal femenino tras Divinity". FormulaTV (Noxvo). Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- "Mediaset lanza Nueve, su canal para competir con Nova de Antena 3". December 10, 2012.
- Álvarez, José (December 17, 2012). "Nueve comenzará sus emisiones el próximo 2 de enero". Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- El Supremo ordena el cierre de nueve canales de TDT
- ¿Por qué van a desaparecer en un mes 9 canales de su televisor?
- laSexta3, Xplora, Nitro, Nueve y LaSiete echarán el cierre
- "Mediaset presenta Nueve, su nuevo canal femenino con 'GH 14' como plato fuerte". December 17, 2012.