|Parent company||IHS Inc.|
|Status||Acquired By IHS Inc.|
|Country of origin||UK, United States, Norway|
|Headquarters location||Oslo, Aberdeen, Houston|
|No. of employees||100-200|
ODS-Petrodata is a market intelligence company specialised in the upstream offshore oil and gas industry. ODS-Petrodata is considered an authoritative source for market intelligence, data, market research and consulting services. "ODS-Petrodata has been a leading provider of market intelligence and data to the offshore oil and gas industry [by association with its previous entities, ] since 1974"
ODS-Petrodata was founded in 2002 from the merger of Offshore Data Services Inc., Petrodata Ltd. and Bassoe Offshore Consultants Ltd., each a provider of "data, information and market intelligence to the offshore energy industry". ODS-Petrodata's website claims that their organisation has existed in some form since 1973. In the recent years, they also starting producing tools and publications oriented towards the offshore renewables market.
ODS-Petrodata operates from offices in Houston, Aberdeen, Oslo, Singapore and Dubai.
- "IHS Home Page". ods-petrodata.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Deepwater Rig Market to Stay in the Doldrums, According to ODS-Petrodata Report. - Free Online Library". thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "IHS Acquires ODS-Petrodata | Business Wire". businesswire.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "ODS-Petrodata - Subsea Oil and Gas Directory Information". subsea.org. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Ods-Petrodata – Aberdeen Renewable Energy Group". aberdeenrenewables.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "IHS Acquires ODS-Petrodata | IHS Online Newsroom". press.ihs.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.