This article uses abbreviations that may be confusing or ambiguous. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Formation||1 October 2007|
|Type||Interactive Television, Software development and Community|
|Purpose||the promotion of OCAP tru2way and EBIF application development for digital cable television|
|Headquarters||New York, NY|
|Affiliations||Time Warner Cable|
OEDN is an OpenCable Application Platform (OCAP) EBIF Developer Network that was founded in October, 2007. It is an online developer network for the promotion of Interactive Television application and service development on digital cable television.
The goal of the network is to support the emerging and long-term needs of software engineers and product teams who are building OCAP (tru2way) and EBIF applications. The goal is to run it not only on digital cable television, but also converged applications and services spanning mobile and broadband devices.
OEDN.net is a networked Community of Practice with a membership constituency drawn from cable companies, ITV application vendors, content providers, programming networks, advertisers, academic interactive media researchers and independent consultants.
Tracy Swedlow (28 February 2008). "itvt-Monthly-Wrap-on-InteractiveTV Podcast - OEDN interview with Will Kreth" (Podcast). blogtalkradio.com: ITVT.com.
- OpenCable Platform Developer Community within the Mobile & Embedded project on Java.net
- "OpenCable / OCAP Website". CableLabs. Archived from the original on 2006-03-26. Retrieved 2006-06-05.
- "The OCAP Primer". Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM). Archived from the original on 2006-04-20. Retrieved 2006-06-05.
- "An Introduction to OCAP". Interactive TV Web. 2005-09-14. Archived from the original on 2006-05-17. Retrieved 2006-06-21.
- Sun Microsystems' Java TV