Off to the Races
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Donal Byrd album. For the Lana Del Rey song, see Off to the Races (song).
|Off to the Races|
|Studio album by Donald Byrd|
|Recorded||December 21, 1958
Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, NJ
|Donald Byrd chronology|
The Allmusic review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine awarded the album 4 stars and stated "There's nothing surprising about Off to the Races; it's simply a set of well-performed, enjoyable hard bop, but sometimes that's enough".
- All compositions by Donald Byrd except as indicated.
- "Lover, Come Back to Me" (Oscar Hammerstein II, Sigmund Romberg) - 6:52
- "When Your Love Has Gone" - 5:04
- "Sudwest Funk" - 6:53
- "Paul's Pal" (Sonny Rollins) - 7:08
- "Off to the Races" - 6:36
- "Down Tempo" - 5:19
- Donald Byrd - trumpet,
- Jackie McLean - alto saxophone (tracks 1 & 3-6)
- Pepper Adams - baritone saxophone (tracks 1 & 3-6)
- Wynton Kelly - piano
- Sam Jones - bass
- Art Taylor - drums