|President - Liberal Democratic Party (Bangladesh)
Ministry of Communication
Ministry of Power, Energy, & Mineral Resources,
Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Food and Ministry of Water Resources Development,
Ministry of Youth Development
13 March 1939 |
Chandanaish, Chittagong, British Empire
|Political party||Bangladesh Nationalist Party (1980–2006)
Liberal Democratic Party (2006–present)
Ahmad was the first Bengali Military officer to revolt against the Pakistani army on 25 March 1971 before the start of the Bangladesh Liberation War. He was the first officer to be awarded the Bir Bikram for his bravery during that war. He fought under Major Ziaur Rahman in Sector No. 1. Ahmad is highly regarded as one of the key founding members of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP). On 26 October 2006, Ahmad and several other senior leaders of the BNP defected to form the Liberal Democratic Party.
Books published by Oli Ahmad include:
- Revolution, Military Personnel and the War of Liberation in Bangladesh. Dhaka: Dizzy Publications, 2004.
- Battles That I Fought and Interviews of Liberation War Heroes. Dhaka: Annesha Prokashon, 2009.
- "Dissidents quit Bangladesh's ruling party, alleging corruption". International Herald Tribune. Associated Press. 26 October 2006. Archived from the original on 10 March 2007.
- "Badruddoza, Oli form new political party". The New Nation. 27 October 2006. Archived from the original on 5 November 2006.
- "Statesmen's Who's Who" - book published in 1992
- "Asia Pacific Who's Who" published in 2009 - Vol. IX from New Delhi, India
- https://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/23/world/accord-will-allow-refugees-return-to-bangladesh.html, "Accord Will Allow Refugees' Return to Bangladesh"
- "Campaign of violence". The Economist. 2 November 2006.[relevant? ]
- http://news.priyo.com/politics/2011/07/31/oli-ahmed-agrees-launching-uni-33238.html, "Oli Ahmed agrees on launching united anti-govt movement with Khaleda"
- http://www.banglanews24.com/English/detailsnews.php?nssl=32e8e6c03f3fa46eb672dc5680bff7da&nttl=2012012922743, "Col Oli Supports BNP's anti-government movement"
- http://www.bdinn.com/news/ugly-faces-of-ruling-party-oli-comes-under-attack/, "Ugly faces of ruling party, Oli comes under attack"
- http://www.banglanews24.com/English/detailsnews.php?nssl=93eb9cfb64391c4ee20ac49e72216fa4&nttl=2012092430942, "Col Oli gets bail in 2 cases"
- http://archive.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=234543, "Off to Jail"