Olle Hedberg in 1957.
|Born||Carl Olof Hedberg
31 May 1899
|Died||20 September 1974
|Notable works||Iris och löjtnantshjärta
Ut med blondinerna!
Hedberg is best known as a probing satirist of the middle class and conventional world in general. His first novel, Rymmare och fasttagare (Prisoner's base), was published in 1930, and from then on would write a novel every year for the next several decades. His works of the 1940s entail a search for religious and moral values. Bekänna färg (Show one’s hand), published in 1947, is considered to be one of his most important novels from this period.
Hedberg committed suicide 1974, a few weeks after his daughter Birgitta succumbed to a sudden illness.
- Prisoner's Base (Swedish: Rymmare och fasttagare, 1930) (English translation 1932)
- Iris och löjtnantshjärta (1934)
- Ut med blondinerna! (1939)
- Stopp! Tänk på något annat (1939)
- Bekänna färg (1947)
- Animals in Cages (Swedish: Djur i bur, 1959) (English translation 1962)
Seat No 6
Per Olof Sundman
|This article about a Swedish writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|