Olmstead Point is a viewing area off Tioga Pass Road in Yosemite National Park which offers a view south into Tenaya Canyon, giving, in particular, a view of the northern side of Half Dome, Clouds Rest, and a view of Tenaya Lake to the east. The granite slopes immediately south and southwest of the parking lot feature numerous glacial erratics scattered about, as well as a short 0.125mi (0.2km) trail leading south - through a small grove of trees - to the top of a small granite dome where the view of Clouds Rest and Half Dome is clearest.
Glacial erratics dot the granite slopes immediately south of the vista point.
Bronze relief map of Tenaya Canyon.
- Glacier Point - another popular viewing area of Yosemite National Park, located atop the southern wall of Yosemite Valley.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Olmsted Point.|
- "Olmsted Point". Russ Cary. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "Olmsted Point". Discover Yosemite National Park. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Olmsted Point Trail Map". www.yosemitehikes.com. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Hundreds Celebrate Completion of Facelift to Yosemite's Dramatic Olmsted Point Overlook". "National Park Service". Retrieved 16 October 2014.
|This Yosemite-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|