|Sultan bin Hamdoun Al Harthy (Chairman of the Board),
Talal Said Marhoon Al Mamari (CEO)
Number of employees
Oman Telecommunications Company (Omantel) is the first telecommunications company in Oman and is the primary provider of internet services in the country. Omantel acquired a 65% share in WorldCall Pakistan in April 2008. The government of Oman owns a 70% share in Omantel.
Omantel has established itself as a major international hub, with currently 10 submarine cables landing in Oman, e.g. TWA, EIG, PLAG, Falcon, EPEG, SMW-3, Mena, POI, OMRAN, GBI and BBG.
- "Oman Telecommunications Company". Google Finance. Retrieved March 5, 2009.
- "Omantel acquires 65% stake in WorldCall Pakistan". Inside Telephony. April 19, 2008. Retrieved March 5, 2009.
- Cordahi, James (October 18, 2007). "Emirates Telecom says eyeing Omantel stake". Reuters (Thomson Reuters). Retrieved March 5, 2009.
- "Omantel rolls out high speed internet connection via fibre-to-the-home technology", Times of Oman, March 16 2015. Accessed 06 July 2015
- "Omantel bags MENA Excellence Award in Employee Engagement", Times of Oman, May 26 2015. Accessed 06 July 2015.
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|