|Sultan bin Hamdoun Al Harthy (Chairman of the Board),|
Talal Said Marhoon Al Mamari (CEO)
Number of employees
Oman Telecommunications Company (Omantel) is the first telecommunications company in Oman and is the primary provider of internet services in the country. Omantel ac. The government of Oman owns a 51% share in Omantel.
In the biggest transaction of its kind in Middle East & North African Region (MENA), Omantel acquired 12.1% of Zain Group stake worth of $2.19 billion in 2017, making it the second largest shareholder with 21.9% stake.
Omantel has established itself as a major international hub, with currently ten submarine cables landing in Oman, e.g. TWA, EIG, PLAG, Falcon, EPEG, SMW-3, Mena, POI, OMRAN, GBI and BBG.
- "Oman Telecommunications Company". Google Finance. Retrieved March 5, 2009.
- "Omantel acquires 65% stake in WorldCall Pakistan". Inside Telephony. April 19, 2008. Retrieved March 5, 2009.
- "Omani government raises $530m from sale of 19% of Omantel".
- Omantel completes $2bn acquisition of Zain shares Arabian Business
- "Omantel rolls out high speed internet connection via fibre-to-the-home technology", Times of Oman, March 16, 2015. Accessed 06 July 2015
- "Omantel bags MENA Excellence Award in Employee Engagement", Times of Oman, May 26, 2015. Accessed 06 July 2015.
- "Official Omantel website". Retrieved February 21, 2010.
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|