On My Walk
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|ISBN||978-1-896580-61-6 (first edition, hardcover)|
On My Walk is a young children's book (recommended for ages 2–5) by Kari-Lynn Winters and Christina Leist. It was published in 2009 by Tradewind Books.
- Finalist: 2010 BC Book Prize ("Christie Harris Illustrated Children's Literature Prize") and sponsored tour
- Nominated: 2010-2011 Chocolate Lilly British Columbia Reader's Choice Award
- Selected: Toronto Public Library First and Best of 2010
- Selected: Resource Links Year's Best 2010
- Selected: Edmonton Public Library's 100 Great Books to Read Together, 2012
- Selected: TVOParents Book Club Best Books for your 6-8 Year Old (2013) and Books for the Budding Activist (2011)
Mothers and toddlers take a stroll through Vancouver streets and parks, hearing the sounds of animals around them, and find themselves caught in a summer rainstorm on a Kitsilano beach. The writing style is a unique sing-song rhythm employing children's onomatopoeia.
In 2016 the book was adapted for stage, with an original screenplay by Winters and Marcie Nestman. Commissioned by Carousal Theatre for Young People in Vancouver BC, the play opens in June 2016.
- Published reviews of On My Walk
- Tradewind Books page on On My Walk
- Kari-Lynn Winters personal page
- Christina Leist personal page
- 2010-2011 Chocolate Lilly Shortlist
- Traxel, Rena. "O is for Onomatopoeia". Archived from the original on 2012-05-05.
- Traxel, Rena. "R is for Rhyme: Tips on Writing Stories in Rhyme". Archived from the original on 2012-05-04.
- "Carousal Theatre for Young People's On My Walk, for Newborns to age 3".