|Headquarters||Boston, MA and Paris, France|
|Jean-Marc Lazard, Franck Carassus, David Thoumas|
Number of employees
OpenDataSoft is a private software company specialized in transforming structured data into API and visualizations. Founded in 2011, OpenDataSoft targets non-technical users who wish to share and visualize data related to various topics (government data, economy, health, education, culture, transport, energy and environment).
OpenDataSoft allows restricted and open sharing ecosystems like open data portals.
In 2014, the company joined the ODI start-up program to promote open data for public organizations. In November 2014, the Electronic Business Group nominated OpenDataSoft in its top-ten most innovative French startups. In May 2016, the company was named an IDC Innovator in the IDC Innovators: Smart City Open Data Platforms, 2016 report.
In September 2016, the company opened a North American headquarter in Boston, USA.
In October 2017, According to the reports, OpenDataSoft would be launching Open Data America, to release data portals for more than 500 cities across the United States.
Data management and data sharing
OpenDataSoft provides a cloud-based software for cities, public organizations and companies to host and share their data. Data type includes temporal data, cartographic data (tiles, shapes, clustering), graphs and real-time data (M2M logs).
These data can be made publicly available to citizens, commuters, associations and businesses in order to generate public-interest services. They can also be shared privately within an organization and then be used by employees or business partners.
- "Open Data Institute".
- "L'EBG dévoile son top 10 des start-up innovantes" (in French). Journal du Net. 19 November 2014.
- "Innovators for the 2016 Smart City Open Data Platforms Market". www.idc.com. 17 May 2016.
- "OpenDataSoft, réseau social de la donnée" (in French). Le Parisien. 9 March 2015.
- "City of Durham and Durham County Governments (N.C.) Choose Paris-Based OpenDataSoft to Power Emerging Open Data Initiative". GI User. 21 February 2015.
- "The City of Durham and Durham County Governments (N.C.) Choose Paris-Based OpenDataSoft to Power Emerging Open Data Initiative". Business Wire. 20 February 2015.
- "OpenDataSoft raises €1.5 Million from Aurinvest to enable smart cities around the world". Rude Baguette. 2 July 2015.
- "OpenDataSoft raises $5.4M to turn data into APIs". Tech Crunch. 24 October 2016.
- "OpenDataSoft Targets Mid-Sized Cities with 500 New City Portals". www.govtech.com. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Durham launches new 'open data' portal". The Herald Sun. 22 June 2015.
- "More Than Ones and Zeros, Cary's Open Data Portal Gives Purpose to Common Datasets". www.townofcary.org. 7 March 2016.
- "Chapel Hill hopes portal is key to more knowledge, understanding". The News&Observer. 5 July 2016.