This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The OpenTravel Alliance is a not-for-profit trade association, founded in 1999 by travel companies, with a primary focus on the creation of electronic message structures to facilitate communication between the disparate systems in the global travel industry, including the use of XML.
OpenTravel's mission is to engineer specifications to ensure traveler and supplier information flow smoothly throughout travel, tourism and hospitality. OpenTravel creates, expands and drives adoption of open specifications, including but not limited to the use of XML, for the electronic exchange of business information among all sectors of the travel industry.
Members of the OpenTravel Alliance include airlines, hotel companies, car rental companies, cruise lines, railways, global distribution systems, distribution companies, solutions providers, software developers and consultants.
The OpenTravel Alliance holds an annual meeting of members - The OpenTravel Advisory Forum.
- 2010: Seattle, WA, April 27 - 29
- 2011: Las Vegas, NV, April 25 - 27
- 2012: Miami, FL, April 9 - 12
- 2013: San Diego, CA, October 28 - 27
- 2014: Las Vegas, NV, September 22 - 23
- 2015: Miami, FL, May 12 - 14
- 2016: Orlando, FL, May 16 - 19
- 2017: Las Vegas, NV, May 8 - 10
- 2018: Amsterdam, Netherlands, April 11 - 13