Operation Cobra (Timor)
It consisted of Captain Cashman, radio operator E.J. Liversidge, and three native Timorese, Sergeant Paulo da Silva, Sergeant Cosme Soares and Sergeant Sancho da Silva. They did not know the prior Operation Lagarto had been captured and compromised and the troops were captured.
The naval component of the campaign was known as Operation Bulldozer.
- Royal Australian Navy. "ML 814". navy.gov.au. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "A Small South Pole". cia.gov. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Liversidge, Eric Joseph". World War II Nominal Roll. Commonwealth of Australia. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- "Cashman, John Raymond Patrick". World War II Nominal Roll. Commonwealth of Australia. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- Powell, Alan (1996). War by Stealth: Australians and the Allied Intelligence Bureau, 1942–1945. Melbourne: Melbourne University Press. ISBN 0-522-84691-2.
- Silver, Lynette Ramsay (1990). The Heroes of Rimau: Unravelling the Mystery of One of World War II's Most Daring Raids Hardcover. Birchgrove, New South Wales: Sally Milner Publishing. ISBN 9781863510530.