|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: OPHR|
|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Nicholas Smith (Chairman)|
Nicholas Cooper (Chief Executive Officer)
|Revenue||US$161.1 million (2015)|
|US$368.8 million (2015)|
|US$322.5 million (2015)|
Ophir Energy plc is an oil and gas exploration and production company based in London. It owns both operating and non-operating assets in Africa, Asia, and Mexico. Ophir is listed on the UK London Stock Exchange.
The company was founded by Alan Stein and Jonathan Taylor in 2004 with backing from Tokyo Sexwale. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange in July 2011. In March 2014, Ophir Energy sold its 20% stake in its Tanzanian assets for around $1.2 billion to Pavilion Energy.
In 2017, the company conducted massive layoffs with addition to restructure the organization due to harsh market conditions.
As of July 2017[update], the company has oil and gas projects in Africa (Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Tanzania), Asia (Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia), and Mexico.
The company owns Fortuna Floating Liquified Natural Gas project in Equatorial Guinea, the first of its kind in Africa which is due to produce its first gas in 2020. In Tanzania, it participates in the planned LNG project together with Tanzanian Government through Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation, BG Group (a division of Royal Dutch Shell), Statoil, and Exxon Mobil. In Southeast Asia, the company holds both exploration acreages and production assets with growing presence notably in Thailand and Indonesia.
- "Annual Report 2015" (PDF). Ophir Energy plc. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Prospectus" (PDF). Ophir Energy. July 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Fixer guns for Vodacom Mail and Guardian online, 6 August 2010
- "Ophir Energy to Raise $375 Million in IPO for Africa Drilling". Bloomberg. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Ophir Energy sells stake in Tanzanian assets, Africa: Oil Review Africa, 2014
- "Ophir Energy completes acquisition of Salamander Energy". Petro Global News. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- [conditions.http://www.oedigital.com/subsea/item/15798-ophir-nears-fortuna-fid-cuts-workforce-by-15 conditions.http://www.oedigital.com/subsea/item/15798-ophir-nears-fortuna-fid-cuts-workforce-by-15]. Missing or empty
- https://www.naturalgasworld.com/ophir-insists-fortuna-fid-will-be-by-end-2017-53780. Missing or empty
- https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Tanzania-Drafts-30B-LNG-Export-Project-Deal.htmlcooperating. Missing or empty