|Ann Wu, President|
Number of employees
Optoma Corporation is a multi-national audio and visual solutions provider specializing in the design and manufacturer of projectors, professional audiovisual solutions, digital cinema, laser projectors, LED projectors, DLP projectors, interactive projectors, image processing equipment and software, projection mapping, digital signage and retail solutions, and professional audio products.
Optoma Corporation has regional headquarters in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and China. Optoma Corporation is part of the Coretronic Group, which has facilities for R&D and manufacturing based in Hsinchu, Taiwan and Kunshan, China. Optoma is established in more than 157+ countries worldwide (2017).
Established in 2002, the word Optoma was created from the combination of two words: Optical and Maxima. In its first year, Optoma launched world’s first 65-inch DLP projection television and won the Consumer Electronics Show Innovations Award in 2003. In 2005, Optoma announced the world's first all-in-one DVD projector, the MovieTime™ DV10. An ultra-mobile LED light source projector range (ML750/ML1000) as well as Optoma's first laser phosphor technology illuminated projector (ZU650) was announced in 2013 and 2015 respectively. Infocomm 2016 (Las Vegas) saw the announcement of the world's first 4K UHD ultra short throw laser projector from Optoma. In 2017, Optoma provided the first 4K UHD laser projector UHZ65 for the home cinema category. In CES 2018, Optoma announced the UHD51A, the world's 1st 4K UHD projector which can work with Amazon Alexa voice assistant. Utilizing Texas Instruments' DLP projection technology, Optoma is a designer and manufacturer for home, business, education, and professional display solutions.
In 2014, Optoma acquired California-based NuForce, a manufacturer of consumer and Hi-Res Certified audio equipment. It was one of the first companies to bring audiophile quality desktop DACs and headphone amplifiers to the market and one of the first companies to bring patented class-D amplifiers to the market. 2016 saw the launch of the wireless Bluetooth, aluminum build BE6i in-ear headphones that offered extended battery life into Optoma's consumer audio line.
- Business & Education
- Professional AV
- 4K UHD
- Home Entertainment
- Portable/Mobile DAC
- Home Stereo
- Home Cinema
- Multi-channel power amplifier
- "Optoma Corporation Profile". Bloomberg. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "Widescreen Review Webzine | News | Optoma Introduces New HD2 DLP Rear Projection TVs". www.widescreenreview.com. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- Herman, Ami. "Optoma Utilizes Oplus Technologies' Rembrandt-1 Chip in its Award-Winning High Definition Rear Projection TVs | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "MOVIETIME Trademark - Registration Number 3043237 - Serial Number 76528626 :: Justia Trademarks". trademarks.justia.com.
- "ProjectorCentral News - Jan 6 2005 - Optoma Announces MovieTime DV10 Projector With DVD". www.projectorcentral.com.
- Kayye, Gary (11 April 2016). "Optoma Launches Ultra-Light, Short Throw Projector Aimed at Both Business and Home - rAVe [Publications]". rAVe Publications. rAVe Publications. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- ASHLEY, CHARLOTTE. "Optoma launches 6,000 lumen laser | Products | InAVate". www.inavateonthenet.net. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Irving, Michael. "This projector can throw 100-inch UHD video from just 2 inches". newatlas.com. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Benedict, Emily (13 January 2015). "21 Scientific And Technical Achievements To Be Honored With Academy Awards®". The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "Optoma Acquires Acclaimed Californian Consumer Audio Company NuForce". AudioXpress. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "NuForce Releases Affordable, Modular High-End Audio Components". The Absolute Sound. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Sassen, Sander. "NuForce Reference 8 amplifier, debunking the myth? - Introduction". www.hardwareanalysis.com. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- Langridge, Max. "Optoma unveils NuForce BE6 wireless in-ear headphones". What Hi-Fi?. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "DLP projectors | NuForce audio | screens | accessories :: Optoma". Optoma. Retrieved 6 September 2016.