Bobby Jack Brand
|Founded||2001, Bell, California|
|Founder||Han Lim Lee|
|Products||Apparel, Backpacks, Bedding|
Bobby Jack is a clothing brand featuring a monkey character of the same name. Bobby Jack was created by the illustrator, Han Lim Lee in 2001. The clothing brand clothing was sold in clothing retailers such as JCPenney, Sears, and Macy'sThe clothing and character became popular among children and teenagers because of its "snarky messages."
The characters portrayed on the clothing are Bobby Jack, a monkey with an attitude, Cooper, the best friend monkey, and Moose, his pet mouse. Bobby Jack merchandise is targeted primarily towards school-age (tween) girls. By 2006 Bobby Jack clothing became one of the most popular character brand among children and teens.
- "Bobby Jack Girls' Pajamas Archived February 25, 2008, at the Wayback Machine." Recall Notice. Consumer Affairs.com.
- "Girl's Pajamas Sold At J.C. Penney Recalled Archived June 18, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.." WKMG-TV.
- "CPSC, J & F Design Inc. Announce Recall of Girl's Sleepwear Sold at J.C. Penney Stores Archived July 5, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.." U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Stokes, Trevor. "Beyond the norm: Tees for pre-teens, from 'I'm Hot' to 'I take candy from strangers'." Naples Daily News. Friday May 5, 2006. Retrieved on April 29, 2009.
- "Monkey biz.." License!
- "Bobby Jack." Bobby Jack Brand.
- Welti, Alison (January 2006). ""What's in style?". We asked Fourth graders at Mountain View Elementary School in Virginia, USA". ChildArt. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- "Clothing still a traditional yuletide gift". Los Banos Enterprise. November 24, 2006. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- Stallings, Stephanie (10 August 2007). "Look Cool at School: Fashion trends for kids include lots of layering". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved 2008-06-15.